- For surgical admission: To streamline your admission it is recommended you submit your admission papers seven (7) days prior to your surgical appointment date.
- All your paper work will be provided to you by your GP or Specialist
- Ensure you adhere to instructions for fasting prior to surgery
- Check your hospital account details to verify if you have appropriate private health cover; ensure your insurance status is current and details are up to date and correct.
- If the matter involves a compensation claim please confirm your entitlement for hospital admission with your insurer.
- If you are self-insured and require a quote for your admission, please contact our Patient Accounts Department. All payments will be required to be finalised prior to your admission.
- If you have an Advanced Care Directive form please bring with you upon admission or ask a hospital staff member for a form to complete.
To minimise delays we ask that you:
Bring a signed up-to-date medication list with you and if you have an Advanced Care Directive please ensure that you have brought a signed and witnessed copy with you and give it to the admitting nurse.
Check your hospital account details:
- Please ensure that you have confirmed your insurance status with your health fund. Any excess, gap, co-payment etc must be paid on admission or discharge.
- If you are admitted under a compensation claim (Worker’s compensation, Third Party etc) please ensure that your insurer has confirmed your entitlement before admission.
- If you are insured or self-insured and need information, please contact our Patient Accounts department on (08 85520535 for an estimate of costs of hospitalisation. This must be paid on or prior to admission.)
Download your Patient Forms
Patient Admission Form
Patient Election Form
National Hospital Claim Form
Please return your completed Patient Admission, Election & Claim Forms prior to your admission via one of the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 08 8552 0507
- Post or hand delivery to Victor Harbor Private Hospital Incorporated
Harbour View Terrace, Victor Harbor SA